Applying for a Visa
Take to your appointment with the U.S. Consulate:
- Letter of acceptance from CESL
- Bank statement (most recent)
If you must change your beginning date of attendance, please do the following:
- Write an email to esl(at)uky.edu to tell us your new beginning date.
- Return the I-20.
- Send a $50 application fee and $100 deposit.
- Send a new bank statement if the one we have is more than 60 days old.
Information about the I-20
When you use our I-20 to enter the United Sates, you must report to the Center for ESL at the University of Kentucky.
For your first entry into the United States, you must present the I-20 of the school you plan to attend to the U.S. Consulate in order to get a student visa. You cannot change. The visa notation about the school and the I-20 of the school must match for your first entry.
For the most current information about getting a student visa, please visit the
U.S. State Department Website. There is a great deal of information about how and when to apply, what information to bring, and many other topics of interest.