If you have health insurance from your family or your sponsor, and you do not want to have the University of Kentucky health insurance, you must submit a waiver by January 31, 2014. These are the steps to submit the waiver:
Prepare your documents:
1. Your student ID number.
2. Your health insurance card.
3. Your health insurance brochure (the paper that tells what health insurance plan you have).
Submit the waiver online:
1. Go to www.ahpcare.com/uky and click on “International Waive Online”.
2. Look at the insurance requirements; if your insurance plan is the same, you can submit the wavier. Fill in all the information.
3. Send your health insurance card and the health insurance brochure (the paper that tells what health insurance plan you have) by email to email@example.com. If you do not send these things, your waiver will not be approved.
Remember – if you have health insurance and you don’t want UK health insurance, you must submit the waiver by January 31, 2104.
If you have questions or need help to submit the waiver, please go to the ESL Main Office (room 1673 in Patterson Office Tower).