The Intensive English Program is designed to give students rapid improvement in their English proficiency.
The class schedule is consistent each 8-week session:
While the order of the classes may change per session, the class subjects are Reading, Writing, Grammar, and Listening/Speaking.
Students benefit from comprehensive academic vocabulary development and fluency enhancement, as well as networking opportunities with multiple on-campus groups. This allows the student to be fully immersed in the language in both structured and unstructured settings, making their experience more effective and rewarding.
- Our normal session lasts 8 weeks. You can find our academic calendar here.
- Tuition and Fees can be found here, which depend on the student’s situation.
- Payment Methods can be found here. Payments are due on the 22nd of the month after classes begin.
- On-Campus Housing is a separate application process that you can complete after admission.
- Student Health Insurance is mandatory for international students with an F-1, J-2 or J-3 visa, who will be automatically enrolled in the Student Health Plan coverage. You can find more information online under the title “International students”.
General Application Process:
- Choose your path to apply, complete the online application and pay the application fee.
- We email you with a list of the necessary documents.
- Email us the necessary documents at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We email you an Admission Letter, with directions to access your student account and request your I-20**.
- Log in to your student account and request your I-20.
- UK International Center emails you the I-20.
- At this point you are ready to travel to Kentucky. We continue communicating as you arrive for orientation week.
** Note: The University of Kentucky has the authority to issue the Form I-20 for English language study. While our International Center facilitates with F and J visas, we welcome students in other immigration status to apply as well.