Application Procedure

This application procedure is for students who are interested in studying English as a Second Language (ESL) only at the University of Kentucky.

If you are interested in Conditional Admission to the University of Kentucky, you should apply directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admission or to the Graduate School.


If you want to know about travel exceptions, check here!



Applications typically close 30 days before the start of the term, however exceptions can be made. To apply for admission, you will need to:

  1. Completed the Application Form.

  2. Submit the $100 application fee paid online.

  3. Email a copy of the biographical information page of your passport.

  4. Email a bank or scholarship letter which is no more than 120 days old that verifies financial support of  one year of study. The letter should be in English and in U.S. dollar amounts.

  5. Email a completed 2020 Sponsor Guarantee.pdf signed by your sponsor. Your sponsor is the person who provides the money for your education.

  1. Email an educational summary, resume, or transcript.



To apply for a transfer from another U.S. school, you will need:

  1. Items 1-6 listed above.

  2. A photocopy of your visa and I-94 card. If you are in F-1 status, also send a copy of your I-20.

  3. An "F-1/J-1 Transfer Form" completed by the school you are currently attending verifying your dates of attendance. We will send you this form after you apply.

If you have any questions, please email us at or visit the contact us page.

Enter your linkblue username.
Enter your linkblue password.
Secure Login

This login is SSL protected